I am currently planning my first real project ever.
I already finished some parts of the front-end and now I want to start working on the backend.
It will be a WebApp for a LAN-Event, where players can search for Counter Strike matches.
- A player needs to log in through Steam (I guess I'll use passportjs for that).
- The player can search for a match
- After 10 players search for a match they can accept the match
- If all players accepted they get forwarded into a lobby-room, where they can vote their teams and the map that will be played.
- After the teams are set a CS:GO gameserver gets started and they get the IP / a connect button displayed.
- After the CS:GO match is finished the lobby will get closed and the rankings updated.
After looking a little bit through the documentation and the sample projects I think Colyseus might help me a lot with setting up the room-logic and the realtime scenarios like the player / map voting.
I set up a Trello board to visualize the different things that the backend logic needs to handle: https://trello.com/b/3LjNLyCZ/saarlanpug
So, to my question: Is Colyseus what I'm looking for?
I am definitely not an experienced web developer. I mainly worked with express / mongodb / ejs / vuejs so far.
Would Colyseus provide me a lot of help with this project or am I on the wrong track?
Any help is appreciated! Also if you have any hints / tips / other example projects to get me started I would highly appreciate if you would share them!