It's been a long time since my first post on this forum, and I have made a lot of changes since to TOSIOS (https://github.com/halftheopposite/tosios).
These changes include:
- A simplified code structure (I will try to simplify the code even more).
- A fully working mobile mode (still a few bugs with the orientation of the device sometimes).
- A revamped HUD written purely with React (this should have been a no-brainer from the beginning, as composing interfaces in React with the power of CSS makes things 10x faster. This HUD includes:
- Better messages from the game's events.
- More contextual information.
- A leaderboard.
- A menu to explain keymaps and to share a game's link.
- Simple AI for flying bats that patrol, chase and attack players.
- A Team Death Match mode.
The new HUD:
The mobile version of the game:
In the incoming months I have a few plans regarding the game:
- A better and more generic client-side prediction and lag-compensation.
- Power ups (other weapons, buffs, etc.)
- Bouncy bullets (for a more challenging gameplay)
As always the game's licenses does not changes and you a free to explore and modify the source code as you wish (regarding the MIT license).
I am in need of any feedback that could improve the gameplay and the developer experience too, so please do not hesitate to share what's on your mind!
Thank you all