Considering how much behind the v3 was getting I've decided to do a beta release for v4!
This version is available on NPM:
And the installation is easier than before:
For that matter I've created an Skeleton repository:
The dev server was updated as well http://dev.reldens.com
And between all the huge refactor now you will find:
- Almost everything now works based in events, so this will allow you implement a lot of customizations without need to rewrite almost anything.
- In any case there are still some configuration files and the idea of having a "game-theme" was implemented, so you could easily use the skeleton theme for start.
- At the same time a lot more stuff is now configurable just by changing some values in the database.
- Maps animations were implemented (in the skeleton example you can see the river moving).
- Objects with animations are also available in both public (broadcast), and private (for single client). For example: the doors will open > the player will change the room > but for the other users that are seeing the door open, a few seconds later the door will be closed.
- A basic NPC was implemented. NPC's are used like another object type that will just respond on specific actions. In the skeleton example you can click on the NPC (the guy with the hat) and it will show a message.
- Targets System was implemented, you can click on any player or NPC, and the target will be selected.
- With targets, short distance attacks are now available, if you are close enough to a player and click on it, then you can click on the action button or press the space bar to attack (for now we only have that action).
- Related to attacks, the stats are now affected, atk and def are (for now) simple compared to validate the attack, and when the attack success (for now always since the atk and the def are the same for all the players), the HP will be reduced.
- And for last! Now we have the Game-Over event when a player that die will be kicked out! Sorry, that was the quickest thing I was able to come up with.
In terms of roadmap, issues and progress tracking I've started to complete the project board with all the tasks: https://github.com/damian-pastorini/reldens/projects/2
Hope you like all the new improvements, I'll keep adding new stuff and fixing the parts that can be improved.