GitHub Documentation Patreon donate button

could not encode

• Error: Could not encode
    at _encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:256:13)
    at _encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:162:19)
    at _encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:246:17)
    at _encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:246:17)
    at _encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:162:19)
    at Object.encode (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/notepack.io/lib/encode.js:261:41)
    at BattleWords.broadcastPatch (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/colyseus/lib/Room.js:215:45)
    at Timeout._patchInterval.setInterval [as _onTimeout] (/home/phantom/battlewords/matchmaking/node_modules/colyseus/lib/Room.js:93:22)
    at ontimeout (timers.js:466:11)

what could happened for this error.
    please help

• administrator

hey @phantom007md, you're probably trying to encode a recursive or too complex structure.

I assume you're using Fossil Delta as serializer given the stack trace you've posted. Maybe you're extending EventEmitter as one of your state classes, which may cause this error.

• endel your my hero and i love you. just in case ;)

in case any one else makes this mistake i was trying to mutate the client object and assign a accessToken to it so the error occurred.
    i hope better errors will be shown and i didn't know that the client object cant get mutated.

i'm planning to develop lots of mobile turned based games and i'll join this fantastic framework asap

GitHub Documentation Patreon donate button

© 2019 Endel Dreyer