Does client mutating room state cause trouble?

I see that if the server room state is mutated then the client room state is automatically updated to match the server room state. But what happens if the client room mutates the state? It looks like the client state mutation is NOT synced to the server. This is actually what I want so that is great, but I just want to verify that.

So if the client mutates the room state:

1. Can someone confirm that the mutation is NOT sent out anywhere?
  2. Can someone confirm that future changes to the server room state still get synced to the client?
  3. Any other things to be aware of if the client tries to "cheat" by messing with the client room state?

Thanks.

Hi @cmdt-ed,

1. Can someone confirm that the mutation is NOT sent out anywhere?

Only the server can mutate the state, mutations in the client-side are going to be replaced in the next patch

1. Can someone confirm that future changes to the server room state still get synced to the client?

Yes

1. Any other things to be aware of if the client tries to "cheat" by messing with the client room state?

You usually don't send messages from the client to the server telling what the state is, but rather the action a client is taking to be validated in the server-side, and then mutate the state in the server

Cheers