colyseus.js: server error: registeredHandler.klass is not a constructor

Hi there ! I finally succeed at running my server and my client with webpack and typescript ... but now i have a wierd error in chrome :

colyseus.js: server error: registeredHandler.klass is not a constructor

Does any one know what is it and where is it from...

I googled it and i found NOTHING it's scare me a lot ...

Hi @erochongit,

Make sure to use "target":"es2015" in the tsconfig.json on your server:

{
    "compilerOptions": {
        "target": "es2015",
    }
    // ...
}

@endel i did this it's not correct ?

{
  "compilerOptions": {
    "module": "commonjs",
    "target": "es6",
    "noImplicitAny": false,
    "sourceMap": true,
    "outDir": "build"
  },
  "exclude": [
    "node_modules",
    "**/*.spec.ts",
    "**/*.test.ts"
  ],
  "include": [
    "src/**/*.ts"
  ]
}

EDIT : I have the same error when i add "target": "es2015", to my tsconfig.json.

same error here, any solution ?

If that doesn't solve the issue, it would be nice if you could provide an example of how to reproduce the issue. Cheers!

Sorry for the late reply!

I just finished a project where i'm able to run client but having .klass issue ...

please use develop branch

here it is :
https://github.com/erochOnGit/nodeGame

If you are not able to run it properly tell me i'll help you

Hi @erochOnGit, I see. Thanks for sharing your project.

The issue you're having is because you're using both commonjs and es6 module systems at the same time. A common practice is to either always use require + module.exports, or import + export, never both.

You can fix the issue by using import { MyRoom } from "./defaultRoom.ts" here. Or by exporting the room using commonjs, by using module.exports = class MyRoom {...

@Diederik-Van-Remoortere is that your scenario as well?

Hi all,

I'm just starting out with your framework and I'm rather new to ES6 as well, so I'm probably a bit confused.

The things I'm confused about are:

• should I use babel ? if yes, which version ? @erochOnGit in your nodeGame repo you are using @babel which seems to be a beta version of babel, is this intentionally ?
  • which babel preset should I use ?
  • should I use type script or javascript ? (i prefer the later...)
  • I 'd prefer to write my code using the ES6 syntax (i.e. using import i.s.o require()...), your examples are also written in it...

It might be a good idea to update your getting started section on the website as it is currently a bit weird to clone a git repo to start a new project instead of using npm install commands.... I'm just being frank here ;)

I stumbled upon your project by accident for a multiplayer demo game I'm currently co-working on with some colleagues, and it would be nice to continue using Colyseus for it...

Thanks for your responses, apologies for the late reply.

Best Regards,
Diederik

@diederik-van-remoortere

You must use typescript, I tried with babel but it was wrong.
In my repo I forgot to remove babel from the package.json

@endel said in colyseus.js: server error: registeredHandler.klass is not a constructor:

Or by exporting the room usin

I'll try it the week end and come back to you later.
Thx for the help so far.