Unity3d Send Data through Component

Hi there,

i am using Unity3D for client and i have realy big trouble with sending data throught some Components.
For example in the scene root i have ColyseusClient object with script where i am creating room etc (like in example).

Then i have Player gameobject with some component e.q. SendMovePosition Component.

1. How to send message through this SendMovePosition Component (how to use Colyseus Room there)?
    I cant make Room instance static inside ColyseusClient.
  2. How to pack data to json via Unity3d? Right now i had this idea to pack this manualy like
(string.Format(@"{""test"":""value"", ""x"": ""{0}"", ""y"": ""{1}""}", hit.point.x, hit.point.z));

but is there any other (build-in) option?

Hope you will help me because i really want to understand this!

@halome you usually won't bother about serializing the data.

You can send the raw data to the room like this:

// Client-side
room.Send(new { command = "move", x = 1, y = 2 });

From the server-side, inside the onMessage, you can use the command to update your room state.

// Server-side
// ...
onMessage (client, data) {
    if (data.command == "move") {
        console.log("let's move to", data.x, data.y);
        // TODO: update this.state using data.x / data.y
    }
}
// ...

You can listen to any attribute change in the state of the server from the client-side through room.Listen("path/to/your/attribute", this.YourChangeCallback).

The mindset is usually like this:

• Client send a message to the server, as a request to update the state
  • State is updated inside onMessage callback
  • The updated attributes in the state arrive to all connected clients in the next patch tick
  • The client applies the change via room.Listen (which contains the single attribute changed) or room.OnUpdate (which contains the whole state from the server)

Hope this helps,
Cheers!